Thursday, 8 May 2014

Final Music Video

Ancillary Task - Album Ad

For the album advertisement, I kept with the black and white theme as it looks highly effective in real like and also carries on the theme on the album cover therefore the audience will find it easier to link together. 

Ancillary Task - DigiPak

This is the front cover, back cover and spine of my digi-pak, I kept with the black and white theme for the artist much like in the music video. Contrastingly:

I used colour for the inside of my digipack, as these characters scenes are in colour on the music video also it provides a nice contrast from the outside. I used the same image however flipped it for the inside to represent the happiness they share together, also I think it will look highly effective if I were to print them out and put them in a disc case.

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Evaluation: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?

Evaluation: In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products

Evaluation: How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Evaluation: What have you learned from your audience feedback

I made both open and closed questionnaires for my audience feedback so that I could be given two set of data to evaluate. Whilst the closed questionnaire is great for statistics, I was focusing more on the open questionnaire as viewers were able to leave comments which would be more useful when it came to evaluate. I gave these questionnaires to 30 different people ranging from 14-25 as this is my target audience for my music video, out of the thirty, twenty five enjoyed it whereas the other five didn't like it as much. Although I gained a great response for enjoyment, around twenty people did not understand the storyline, this big of a number obviously shows me that more context in the video would have been helpful, especially for younger viewers, if I were to do it again, I would definitely try spend a little more time on thinking of clever ways to make the story easier to follow. All thirty of the people thought that the shots that were most effective were the close-ups and the quayside location as they were scenic and complimented the song, two people who did understand the story line expressed how the close-ups denoted a 'loving look' possibly highlighting the way the two girls feel about each other, which is something that I was hoping to achieve with the cinematography. The shots that most people found least effective were the shots of the girls walking around, because it seemed tedious after a while, this brings me back to my point before about context in the video for the storyline, if I had the time I would have liked to reshoot with a different outlook on portraying the story to gain better results. Twenty people thought the editing was good, five thought it was average and the other five said they didnt really pay attention to it, overall I am happy with this result as I was new to Imovie this year and with more time I could have gained alot more skill using it, but in the short amount of time I am happy with my progress and the feedback given. Twenty two people said they would recommend the video to a friend, some of the reasons for this being that they enjoyed the video, the acting was good and it broke conventions of music videos with the storyline. The other eight said they wouldnt recommend it because they didnt enjoy it themselves or they didnt understand the storyline. Overall I am happy with this feedback and will take it all on board if I were to do it again.

Ancillary Task Editing

This is the editing process of the inside cover of my digi-pak, I have included a grain effect in order to give it the vintage feel I am hoping to achieve throughout my piece, I am thinking about keeping it in colour as their scenes are in colour in my music video, however this may look odd with my front cover hopefully being black and white, I will edit them together and see how it turns out.

Progress Editing